Most women in America don’t take time for essential self-care, and when they do, they feel guilty about it.
That speaks directly to your lack of self-worth. You deserve better. Here are five signs that you’re neglecting yourself and how to fix them:
- You’re tired all the time. If you’ve been staying up late to get things done or have time alone, you need to stop. Getting enough sleep is one of the most important things you can do for yourself. Set a reasonable bedtime and stick to it.
- You’re irritable. If you’re sleep-deprived, overwhelmed, and eating junk, you’re angry. You’re not taking care, and you can feel it. Choose what’s most important — other than yourself — and get that done. And take care of your body.
- Your anxiety or depression is worse. Mental and physical health are related. When your body isn’t functioning well, it takes a toll on your mental state. Meditation or journaling would be helpful for you.
- You’re neglecting basic care, like showering. This is a drastic wake-up call, and you need to listen. You’re probably depressed as well. You may need professional help. Buy some nice shower gel or shampoo — do whatever it takes to add basic care back into your routine.
- Your body isn’t functioning at its best. Maybe you have heartburn, constipation, or your skin is breaking out. Maybe your hair is dull. All could be signs that you need healthier food, more water, and perhaps some exercise.
Listen to your body.
Read this post and more on my Typeshare Social Blog